Spinal Bracing Grant
Aspen’s Commitment to Research
Aspen Medical Products and The Foundation for Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (FPM&R) are proud to announce a partnership with the development of a new research grant. The Aspen Medical Products Spinal Bracing Research Grant provides $10,000 for research related to the use of spinal bracing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, with special consideration given to outcomes research.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Click here for Application
About the Award:
• The Aspen Medical Products Spinal Bracing Research Grant is funded by a grant from Aspen Medical Products.
• Award will be presented at the AAPM&R Annual Assembly, October 2017, Denver, CO.
• Information about the grant recipient and his/her paper may be published in the Foundation UPDATE Newsletter and/or other publications. Additional items may be spincluded in electronic and print materials produced by the Foundation for PM&R.
• Award is a grant for research on a topic related to use of spinal bracing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
• Applicant and/or at least one co-investigator must be a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R) or the Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP).
• Special consideration will be given to applications focused on outcomes and/or comparative effectiveness research.
• Application must be submitted on the Aspen Medical Products Spinal Bracing Research Grant Research Grant Application Form and must include a concise statement of the purpose of the project; anticipated outcomes; proposed budget (showing other sources of cash and in-kind support); and a letter of support from the sponsoring institution. Please also include your Curriculum Vitae.
• Indirect costs should comprise no more than 10% of the budget.
• All applications must be typed. No hand-written applications will be accepted.
• Application and all required attachments must be submitted by May 1, 2017.
• Application must be submitted by e-mail. Submit e-mails to email@example.com. Applications submitted by mail or fax will not be considered.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Awards and Grants Review Committee. Their decisions shall be final. Winner(s) will be notified by September 1, 2017.
• Awardee must commence his/her project in a timely fashion. The awards of recipients who are unable to proceed with the proposed scope of work and/or with the terms and conditions of the award may be revoked.
• Awardee must submit a complete programmatic and fiscal report of his/her project to the Foundation for PM&R within 24 months of the notification date for the award.
• Awardee must submit a report of his/her work to the Foundation for PM&R for review and possible presentation at an AAPM&R annual assembly.
Questions about the Aspen Medical Products Spinal Bracing Research Grant can be directed to the Foundation at (847) 737-6062.
To download this information as a PDF, click here